Turkey Tenderloin With Vegetables
Prep time: 40 minutes
- boneless and skinless turkey breast tenderloin (about 1 lb.)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1½ teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup zucchini, chopped
- ½ cup yellow squash, chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine black pepper and garlic in a small bowl and rub mixture on both sides of turkey.
- Place turkey on broiler pan and broil for 5 minutes. Turn and broil for another 5 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 185°F (85°C). Juices should run clear and the turkey should not be pink in the center.
- While turkey is cooking, combine chicken broth, cornstarch, oregano, onion powder, and Parmesan cheese in saucepan, and mix well.
- Stir in tomatoes, zucchini, squash, and onions.
- Cook and stir vegetables over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Cook and stir 2 minutes more after mixture begins to thicken.
- When the turkey is done cooking, place the vegetables on top of it to serve.
Date reviewed: June 2015