Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids and teens with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
This is a great appetizer or snack.
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound pork sausage, raw
- 3/4 cup all purpose baking mix
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped finely
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Form mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through. Center temperature of the sausage balls must be at least 165ºF (73ºC).
Serving size: 3 sausage balls
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 234 calories
- 11 g protein
- 18 g fat
- 485 mg sodium
- 168 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.