Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids and teens with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
You'll never want coleslaw any other way after trying this recipe. This dish is wonderful for a party or picnic, and the leftovers taste even better the following day. Remember to store the leftovers in the refrigerator and serve chilled.
Prep time: 1 hour 15 minutes (including chilling time)
- 12 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 4-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3/4 cup coleslaw dressing
- 1/3 cup blue cheese
- 1 tomato, diced
- Combine bacon, cabbage, coleslaw dressing, blue cheese, and tomato in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Refrigerate for approximately 1 hour and serve chilled.
Serving size: 3/4 cup
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 187 calories
- 14 g fat
- 7 g protein
- 540 mg sodium
- 51 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.