Prep time: 15-20 minutes
- 2 hothouse cucumbers
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cups white vinegar
- 1½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- Slice cucumbers into ¼-inch thick rounds.
- Combine vinegars, water, dill, and mustard seed in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Boil for 1-2 minutes, then turn off heat.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place cucumbers into jars, making sure to fill each jar almost all the way with cucumbers.
- Carefully pour pickling liquid over cucumbers until they are fully covered by the liquid.
- Put the lids onto each jar.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours (overnight is best).
Servings: 4 jars of pickles
You can store unopened jars of pickles in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Date reviewed: November 2015