Fruity Tofu Smoothie
Note: This recipe is for anyone following a vegetarian (meat-free) diet.
Do you skip breakfast because there's no time to make it? This smoothie is ready in minutes and is loaded with vitamins.
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1/3 c. apple juice
- ½ c. (4 oz.) soft tofu, drained
- 1 c. fresh or frozen berries
- 1 banana
- 4 oz. nonfat fruit-flavored yogurt
- 1 tsp. honey
- 4 ice cubes
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- blender (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- Place apple juice, yogurt, tofu, berries, banana, and honey in a blender. Cover and process until well blended.
- While the blender is still running, drop ice cubes into the blender one at a time (through the hole in the lid) until smooth.
- Pour the smoothies into tall glasses.
Serving size: 1-1/3 cup
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
7 g protein
3 g fat
33 g carbohydrate
3 g fiber
2 mg cholesterol
33 mg sodium
131 mg calcium
1.3 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Try a variety of berries and different flavors of yogurt.